Saturday, August 23, 2008

melancholy

forgive me for I wanted to hold on to you forever,
forgive me for I forgot love is freedom,
forgive me for not forgiving you,
forgive me, I can't forgive you still...!!

I vividly remember when I saw you last time,
and how much I wanted you to stay, though I'd never say.
Angel, you looked lovely that night, as you always did,
oh.. why did you go away.

The world will never know what I go thru' every moment,
all the turmoil inside kills me everyday,
but you are always in my mind my love,
and with every passing moment I so much wish you were here..

They tell me we are past and I must move on,
I helplessly want to believe them 'coz I know you are gone.
What I hate to believe is that our love wasn't true,
Please tell them everything is not the way it looks.

There are a zillion things that remind me of you everywhere I go,
The coffee shops, the malls, the book cafes, long stretched green roads.
The more I run the near I am drawn,
I am tired of living in this hopeless hope that I will get over you some day.

I know I have not been the Man of my word,
I have played dirty at times and let you down.
I might have shouted at you for no rime and reason,please forgive for that,
but girl, I loved you with all my heart and soul, like no one can ever love anyone.

You wouldn't come back even if I confessed how much I love you,
Things wouldn't change even if you knew about all the crazy things I still do.
Believe me I know it all, but I just can't stop loving you,
nor can you impose not to love you anymore.

dear, you were the most beautiful part of my life,
Ill always cherish the time we spent together,
I am glad we journeyed together hand in hand,
till we reached a crossroad and then you walked awayyyyy...

15 comments:

Sukaran said...

I know others can never understand the convulsions you are going through....
but dear i always see this all in your eyes when we are together...I wish someone or atleast myself
can do something so that it pained less....
The world has tought me one thing and i believe its so very true.....Life Goes On and those who hold on to it,fail to enjoy it fully....
But i always wonder hw you manage to defy this :-)

Its a wonderful piece...n i guess the best of all...You expressed your feelings really well..
Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

this is an amazing read really..the absence of someone who was once a part of ur existence..the sadness and melancholy are truly depicted in each and every word of this post!!
memories of the past jst come rushing in wen i read it...
superb wrk kannav!!

Prashant Kyal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vikas said...

kitna sundar kavita hai... :)

I think removing the following words,
"I" "you" "love" "life" ,
would make it less beautiful...
but less painful also

Vikas Kannav said...

Thanks Prashant..!
but unlike ROSS we weren't on a break... :) :)

Anonymous said...

its beautiful ...(truly)
but remember fun ? :)
P.

Anonymous said...

Overcharged,stung with deep pure feelings and that's the reason it captures with an irresistible raw appeal.

∂ëÞi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
∂ëÞi said...

forgive me for i read it so late....
whatever happens thou....nothin but pure fate.....
acceptance wid open arms......
the unconditional care....
The beauty of life...lies then n there......
u live bright...wid all that inside....dont u crib.....wearing that chaste a smile.....
and that is what makes u wat u are......
kudos !!
and yea...keep me posted.....

Rocky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love is beautiful and so as this :)
I can feel the pain in this and at the same time i can feel the joy of being in love wgich is really amazing .

Jagjit said...

i loved this. esp - zillion things that remind of you!

Samosas for One said...

Hard to read only because it rings so true.

Thursday's Child said...

Im not much of a fan of poetry, but the feelings expressed, i can understand.....
Hmmmmm... id say wht doesnt kill u, only makes u stronger.. and i think, the little i know u.. u hv done full justice to tht.:) cheers:)

vyaas said...

"Vibrantly written"
Something great about your writing style
you make your vision apparent by an emotional shock, to the hard of hearing you shout, and for the almost-blind, you draw large and startling figures similarly
for souls devoid of love you sow a seed somewhere at bottom of their hearts.